Shipping Team Leader
A team player with excellent organizational and planning skills who can lead, motivate, and encourage others to give their best effort.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bilingual Spanish/English.
• Able to lift upwards of 75 lbs. and frequently lifts 25-50 lbs.
• Valid Michigan Driver’s License
• Effective in record keeping and interested in learning and developing specific knowledge as it relates to our product line and our customer’s needs.
• Smart and fast thinking/learning.
• Physically strong and have a great deal of endurance.
• Able to do mathematics and read.
• 2 years of experience in a nursery setting.
• Previous work with perennial plants and ground covers.
• Supervisory experience.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Valid Certified Green Industry Professional (CGIP – nursery) certification is beneficial.
• Participates in, and leads a team of three teammates to sort, gather, and load plants onto our trucks and our customer’s trucks.
• Interprets and uses written specifications and must be very quality conscious.
• Spends time moving about Hortech and occasionally off site travel (to our other facility or to pick up rental trucks) is required.
• Works collaboratively with other departments to deliver the best quality product and service to our customers.
• Outdoor work and hands on.
• Fast paced and physical.
• $10.35 – $14.25 per hour.
• Plus piecework and time and a half for overtime.
• Mid-year and year end bonus.
• Full comprehensive benefits: 401(k), medical/dental, Paid Time Off, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Holiday Pay.