“Sika Sarnafil is excited to partner with LiveRoof on a single source green roof warranty,” said Brian J. Whelan, senior vice president of Sika Sarnafil. “Single source warranties provide the building owner with peace of mind and single point-of-contact responsibility for their green roof projects.”
“Facility managers, general contractors and roofers have to be confident in the performance of every product used on the rooftop, and they want clear, comprehensive warranties,” states Dave MacKenzie, horticulturist and president of LiveRoof, LLC. “Our agreement with Sika Sarnafil provides them with the ability to offer a single source warranty on green roof installations using LiveRoof.”
- Storm Water Retention – Green roofs greatly lessen erosion and storm water burden on sewer systems.
- Reduction in Energy Consumption – Green roofs can reduce peak energy demand by lowering a building’s heating and cooling costs.
- Reduction in the Urban Heat Island Effect – Dark roofs absorb and retain heat while plants naturally cool their surrounding environments.
- Waterproofing Membrane Protection – A green roof protects the waterproofing membrane from damaging UV rays and freeze-thaw cycling, extending its lifespan.
- Improved Air Quality – Green roofs filter air and produce oxygen.
- LEED and Green Globes – Green roofs contribute to certification within these programs.
- Sound Insulation – Soil and plants can be great sound insulators.
- Aesthetics – Green roofs are visually stimulating and can make great areas for recreation and pleasure.
- Increased Property Value – Installing a green roof can increase property values by providing a valuable building asset.
Kathleen Van Gorden