Inventory and Purchasing Specialist
A love for plants and horticulture and highly organized.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in horticulture.
- Strong background in perennial plants and ground covers.
- Must have the ability to work quickly and accurately with reports, counting inventory, entering data, and using computer programs such as Access, Excel, Word, and others as needed.
- Strong negotiation skills and prior experience working with suppliers.
- High degree for accuracy and timely reporting, and ensuring quality of our products.
- Strong writing skills and Adobe InDesign and Illustrator experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Certified Green Industry Professional (CGIP).
- Working knowledge of Access Database and computer networks is beneficial.
- Prior inventory management with a perennial plant nursery.
- Hortech – Wholesale plant nursery selling perennials plants and ground covers to landscapers and independent garden centers
- LiveRoof – Green roof system providing beautiful high functioning
- LiveWall – Green wall manufacturer that provides unique, attractive, and sustainable living walls
- This position’s focus is inventory management for all our product lines.
- Orders plant material and works with suppliers to maintain high quality standards.
- Works with General Manager to provide plant descriptions and tag design/layout along with purchasing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Runs computer queries, as needed.
- In absence of Production Manager, manages certain aspects of Production.
- Inspects plants bought in and in-house liners for upgrade readiness
- Assists Production Manager by observing processes and offering ideas to improve.
- Involves updating web-based and printed marketing materials as well as assisting production manager with purchasing.
- Nice mix of office and outdoor work.
- Hourly pay with time and half for overtime.
- Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental Insurance, 401(k), Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, and Holiday pay.
- A few perks: casual work environment, variety of products, pay per performance, and work with plants.